Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Reztap Renewed!

I mentioned briefly on Facebook that I was in communications with a publisher to bring Reztap back. It's been out of print for a couple of years. While I was originally looking to launch my own publishing company to do the Reztap series right, I';ve since reconsidered since I don't have that kind of time and money to devote to that kind of enterprise; hence why it's been several years since Reztap was in print!

I will be getting a contract from Blue Forge Press within the next day or two, have it thoroughly reviewed by my lawyer, and then likely sign it. You may be asking yourself why I went with Blue Forge Press. My simple answer is - it feels right. It's the right time, the right place, and the deal is like a traditional publishing company where I am not paying fees for work on the book like a vanity press. They're up for getting all three completed books to the presses as soon as possible. They are investing their money in my success - they liked the books that much. I shared the series premise and they are on board.

They will handle everything. I just have to write and make a few public appearances at conventions and the like. I finally get to get book two out to you readers - that's so exciting! Here's a list of the books that will be coming out this year, I think. They are completed, so there's that for you.

1. Mishaps and Mayhem (aka Book Zero)
2. The Adventures of Reztap (aka Book One)
3. Reztap and the Quest for the Insane Moth (aka Book Two)

Future releases will include books three thru six and may also include some spin off books. I will be narrating the audio books as well. It's really happening. I am incredibly close to actually making a living as a writer; that's been a life long dream. Of course, sales will have to be healthy to make that happen, but it really feels like I'm turning a corner.

Let me just say this again - a traditional publisher read my books and wants to publish them. This is traditional author stuff. Not a vanity press. It's a validation of years of work.

There are other advantages to working with Blue Forge Group - an opportunity to work in different mediums telling different stories as well. It's an exciting week.

Keep writing out there!

Artemus

No comments:

Post a Comment